Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Normal

I can feel it,
I can feel the burning betrayal
Coursing through my veins.

Slowly making its way into my heart.
A little bit each day crumbles,
A little bit each day falls away.

Its worse you know,
How close you really are.

It would be okay if you were miles away
I could blind myself with hope.
Chalk it up to the distance.

But you’re right there
So close I can reach out
And just miss the wisps of air
you stir up behind you.

I’m not obsessed
I tell myself that everyday.
I tell it to myself
to make me feel normal.
That this hurt, is normal.

I try to let you go
and in the process I reminisce.

About all the times we spent together
About all the things I told you.

And it takes time to realize.
Even if I let you go,
I won’t have to let go of the memories.
I can keep those
Even if you choose not to.
They can be mine and mine only.
A secret that can spurt
The tiniest shreds of joy.

You changed
And I will accept that one day
But for today
I want to remember yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment